Ask The Disposal Experts: Christmas Trees
The holidays are flying by and before you know it January will be here. We know a few people who really dislike the feeling of taking down holiday decorations for two reasons. One, we don’t want to admit that the holidays are over. Two, taking down decorations is a lot of work!
Although we also wish we could leave everything up, the holiday lights and decorations must come down, even the Christmas tree. If you have a live Christmas tree, do you know what to do with it? How about recycling?
Recycling Christmas trees is a great way to start the year off on the right foot. Recycled trees are chipped into mulch and used year round for city landscape projects. You can rest assured knowing that your beautiful Christmas tree is being put to good use in your very own community!
Recycling your Christmas tree also saves valuable landfill space. To recycle your Christmas tree, you can drop it off at the following locations:
- Port Isabel, corner of south Shore and Hickman/Railroad
- Raymondville, Public Works Warehouse, 777 N. 5th St.
- San Benito City Service Center, 925 W Stenger St.
- South Padre Island, Old City Hall, 4501 Padre Blvd.
- Weslaco Public Works Building, 1912 Joe Stevens
- Brownsville Sanitary Landfill
The service is free of cost but please remember that when you drop off your tree it’s asked that you remove all decorations, lights and tinsel.